Enchiladas (easy and tasty)
Chicken:
8 chicken tenders or 3-4 chicken breasts
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2-1 (small) can green chiles (to your taste)
Cook chicken in crock-pot with tomatoes and green chiles for about 6 hours, until cooked and will shred. Shred chicken. Note: When I cook my chicken I always make sure there is liquid covering it completely before I start it so it doesn't dry out. So, once you pour the tomatoes and chiles (including juice) over it . . .if it doesn't cover the chicken, add a little water until the liquid does cover chicken completely.
6 large flour tortillas (I like the Costco ones that are raw)
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1 can enchilada sauce (or use 1 1/2 cups of your own) I like Old El Paso Brand, red
shredded chicken from above
Cook your tortillas (or warm them if using pre-cooked). Grease a 13x9 pan. Use 1/4 cup sauce and 1 cup cheese to fill all six tortillas evenly. Fill each tortilla evenly with chicken, cheese and enchilada sauce. Fold in top of tortillas and then fold over the sides and place fold side down in pan. Cover with remaining enchilada sauce and cheese. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese melts and warmed through.
You can do variations of this recipe by adding tomatoes, peppers, olives, a little salsa verde or anything else you would like inside.
Friday, March 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to try it. thanks for all the recipes so far!!
ReplyDeleteMmm...that sounds so delicious! I loved seeing all of you on Wednesday. Let's get together again soon!
ReplyDeleteHey Becca, I deleted my first comment so my email address won't just be sitting there. Anyway, thanks for the recipe - I made it last night and we both loved it! I could only find mild enchilada sauce and we like a little more spice, so I used pepper jack cheese mixed with the cheddar and it turned out just spicy enough! So good! Thanks again!
ReplyDelete