Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Boys walk girls to their cars. . .
It was our nephew's birthday yesterday and I went to visit. He turned 4. As I was walking out the door to leave, my brother told my nephew to walk me to my car. He hesitated so I said goodbye and left. Just as I pulled out of the driveway and started to pull down the street I saw him run out the door. He ran down the steps, stopped by the driveway, looked up at me and then hung his head down as he saw I was already in the car. I rolled down the window and asked him if he was leaving to go out to dinner with his parents. He didn't answer. Then, he said to me, "Boys are supposed to take girls to their cars." I told him it was OK and he said, "But you already got to your car." He had the saddest face ever and his head was still hanging. I asked if he wanted me to get out of my car, go back in the house and have him walk me to my car? His face lit up and he yelled "yeah!" So, I got out of the car, walked back into the house and then he proceeded to walked me to my car. . . .because "Boys are supposed to take girls to their cars."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
aw that is so cute! What a little gentleman! We miss you guys! Can't wait to see you in MAY!!!
ReplyDelete