Friday, February 12, 2010

The start of . . .FOOD FRIDAY. . .

I love to COOK!
So, I decided to start FOOD FRIDAY. . .
A weekly post of recipes and cooking ideas
I will post recipes of my own, from my mom, my mother in law and
any that you decide you would like to share with me.
Most recipes I share serve 4 people or 2 people with left overs.
My guarantee is that I have personally made each recipe I post and that
I like them . . .
I hope you do too!
Since it's still cold, I decided to start out with this recipe. It's one my mom always made for us growing up. She taught me to cook and to love good food. . .and boy do I love food! Thanks mom.
Beef Stroganoff
1 to 1 1/12 lbs ground beef
or
any type of beef you want - such as slices of roast
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/4 to 1/3 cup sour cream (to your taste)
1/4 tsp nutmeg
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 of large bag egg noodles
Brown ground beef in large skillet or use whatever beef you like. Add can of soup, sour cream, nutmeg and s & p to taste. Simmer covered while you cook your noodles, stirring occasionally. Add water or milk to achieve the consistency you desire (note: it is a pretty thick sauce)
A salad, green beans or broccoli go great with this dish!
Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing and I will look forward to getting more recipes! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! I love new recipes! Mmmmmmm - I love beef strog.... I already have most of the ingreds - I'm making it Monday! Thanks Becca!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay!!! I'm so excited about food friday! Thanks Becca :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your cute comment! I love your food Friday recipe idea! I will definitely be making that beef stroganoff and I will definitely be checking here every Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea Becca! I'm excited for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet idea.... cause I have tasted your cooking. And it is good. Real good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have made this and it is delicious. Thanks becca!!

    ReplyDelete