How about a little sweet treat for this week?
I love to bake too, although I am still trying to perfect my baking skills.
I learned a little tip from a woman in my ward that I'd like to share with you!
When you bake "quick breads" (like banana bread, pumpkin bread, zucchini bread, etc.)
try using glass pans, instead of dark non-stick ones.
This should help the breads cook evenly without getting too dark on the bottom and sides.
And now,
without further adieu. . .
Simply Delicious Banana Bread
(Chris Middlemiss w/ a tweak from yours truly)
1/3 cup shortening
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 3/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup bananas (about 2 1/2 bananas mashed)
1/2 walnuts (if desired)
1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit. Mix shortening, sugar and eggs in your mixer until smooth. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and bananas. Mix well. Add chocolate chips and nuts.
Grease and flour pans and pour batter evenly in one large or two medium bread pans. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. I like to use the "tap the top trick," which means the top will "bounce back" when the bread is done. Be careful not to overcook. The inside of the cracks on top (you will see what I mean), may still be shiny and that's ok!
Note:
This recipe will make 1 large loaf, 2 medium loaves or about 2 dozen muffins. I double it a lot of the time. If doing muffins decrease cook time to 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
Oh, and if you want a healthier treat leave out the chocolate chips, but I have to say I love it with chocolate!!!
I made your stroganoff recpipe last night! It was really good and my husband loved it as well! Thanks for sharing! I will have to give this banana bread a try!
ReplyDelete